Experience the best of traditional Japanese customs in the bustling city of Tokyo.
Enjoy a genuine tea ceremony, where you’ll witness the art of matcha tea preparation and even have the opportunity to make your own.
Dress in a beautiful silk kimono and capture stunning photographs at a nearby shrine and tea room.
With professional guidance and the option for hair and makeup services, this unforgettable experience promises to be the perfect addition to your Tokyo itinerary.
Best Place To Reserve: I highly recommend using GetYourGuide to reserve. They are the most reliable and have the best cancellation policy. This means you can save your spot now and can cancel for free right up to the day before.
Good To Know
- The activity offers a tea ceremony experience where participants can watch a tea ceremony instructor make tea and make their own tea during the ceremony.
- Participants will have the opportunity to wear a traditional Japanese kimono and choose from a selection of authentic silk kimonos.
- The activity includes the chance to take photos at a nearby shrine and tea room while dressed in the kimono, and also take a walk with AKIZAKURA’s Kimono Upcycled Umbrella.
- Additional services such as professional photography, hair and makeup are available for an extra cost.
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
Tea Ceremony Experience
The tea ceremony instructor skillfully demonstrates the process of making and serving matcha tea, allowing participants to witness the intricate artistry firsthand.
Traditional tea making is a cornerstone of Japanese tea culture, and this experience offers a unique opportunity to explore this ancient practice.
As you watch the instructor prepare the tea with meticulous precision, you’ll gain insights into the rich history and cultural significance of matcha tea.
You’ll also have the chance to make your own tea during the ceremony, adding a personal touch to the experience.
This immersive tea ceremony allows you to fully appreciate the attention to detail and reverence that goes into each cup of matcha tea, providing a deeper understanding of Japanese tea culture.
Kimono Dressing and Photography
During the activity, participants can choose from a selection of authentic silk kimonos to wear. It’s an opportunity to fully take in Japanese culture by donning this traditional attire. The kimono, with its intricate patterns and vibrant colors, adds a touch of elegance and grace to the experience.
As participants dress in the kimono, they’ll feel a sense of connection to Japan’s rich history and traditions. Once dressed, the activity allows for stunning photography opportunities. Whether it’s capturing the beauty of the kimono against the backdrop of a local shrine or tea room, or taking a leisurely stroll with an Kimono Upcycled Umbrella, the photos will serve as lasting memories of this culture.
Professional photographers are available upon request, ensuring that every moment is captured in its full splendor.
Participants can find all the necessary information about the activity in the following section.
The tea ceremony and kimono dressing experience offers a small group experience, limited to only three participants. This ensures an intimate and personalized session for each individual. Customization options are available, allowing participants to choose the date and time that suits them best.
The activity duration is 2.5 hours, during which you will have the opportunity to witness a tea ceremony up close, make their own tea, and learn about the intricate process of making matcha tea. They’ll also have the chance to wear a traditional Japanese kimono and take memorable photos at a nearby shrine and tea room.
For those interested, professional photographer services and hair and makeup arrangements can be made for an additional fee.
Rain or shine, this activity promises an unforgettable experience immersed in Japanese tea culture.
Visitors to Tokyo can experience a tea ceremony, kimono dressing, and photography session, seeing the rich traditions of Japanese culture.
Learn stylish walking manners, sitting-down etiquette, and behavioral patterns that are part of traditional customs.
Witness the intricate process of making matcha tea during the tea ceremony, a reflection of Japanese tea culture.
Choose from a selection of authentic silk kimonos to wear and experience the elegance of traditional Japanese clothing.
Capture memorable photos at a local shrine and tea room, preserving the experience of culture forever.
These highlights offer a glimpse into the beauty and grace of Japanese customs. From the refined art of tea-making to the exquisite artistry of kimono dressing, participants have the opportunity to fully embrace the traditions that have shaped Japanese society for centuries.
Through these activities, visitors can create lasting memories and gain a deeper appreciation for the cultural richness of Tokyo.
The guide provided friendly and caring assistance throughout the trip, ensuring that customers felt supported and well taken care of. They created a warm and inviting atmosphere during the traditional tea ceremony, allowing customers to fully enjoy the experience.
The tea ceremony instructor’s expertise and passion for their craft were evident, making the process of making matcha tea both educational and enjoyable.
Customers were also delighted with the options available for choosing a kimono. The selection of authentic silk kimonos provided a range of beautiful and elegant choices, allowing individuals to find the perfect kimono that suited their personal style.
To get to the tea ceremony and kimono dressing experience, visitors should head towards the designated meeting point in Tokyo. From there, they can follow these travel tips to ensure a smooth and enjoyable cultural experience:
- Take the train to the nearest station and walk for about 10 minutes to reach the meeting point.
- Use a navigation app or ask locals for directions if needed.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to check-in and get ready for the activity.
- Dress comfortably and wear easy-to-remove shoes for the kimono dressing.
Once visitors arrive at the meeting point, they can embark on a journey of culture and discovery. The tea ceremony experience offers a glimpse into the intricate process of making matcha tea, while the kimono dressing allows participants to don traditional attire and capture memorable photos.
With these directions and travel tips in mind, visitors can fully enjoy this unique and enriching experience in Tokyo.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
- Tokyo Private Transfer for Narita Airport (Nrt) – Toyota HIACE 9 Seats
- Luxury Ride Trip to Famous Car Meet up Spot Daikoku
- 1 Day Private Nikko World Heritage Tour (Charter) – English Speaking Driver
- Akihabara Tailor-made Tour for Anime Fans
- Tokyo Go-Kart Rental With Local Guide From Akihabara
- International Party Bar & Karaoke Experience in Ginza
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Children Allowed to Participate in the Tea Ceremony and Kimono Dressing Activity?
Children are allowed to participate in the tea ceremony and kimono dressing activity. However, there may be age restrictions depending on the specific activity. It is recommended to check with the organizer for more details.
Can I Bring My Own Kimono to Wear During the Activity?
Yes, participants can bring their own kimono to wear during the activity. It is a great opportunity to showcase their personal style and enjoy the traditional tea ceremony attire.
Is Transportation Provided to and From the Activity Location?
Yes, transportation is provided to and from the activity location. Child participation is allowed. The activity ensures convenience and a seamless experience for participants, making it suitable for all ages.
Can I Request a Specific Tea Ceremony Instructor for the Activity?
Yes, participants can request a specific tea ceremony instructor for the activity. This allows for a personalized and tailored tea ceremony experience, ensuring a unique and memorable experience for each participant.
Is There a Dress Code for the Tea Ceremony and Kimono Dressing Activity?
Yes, there is a dress code for the tea ceremony and kimono dressing activity. Participants are required to wear traditional tea ceremony attire, which holds cultural significance and adds to the authenticity of the experience.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- LA Little Tokyo to Olvera St Smartphone (App/GPS) Walking Tour
- Düsseldorf: Little Tokyo Self-Guided Walking Tour
- Asia Travel Esim Plan for 8 Days With 6GB High Speed Data
- Downtown Los Angeles : Historic District & Little Tokyo
- Paris: Professional Photoshoot Outside the Palais De Tokyo
- Manga Lesson With a Professional Japanese Manga Artist in Nakano
- Experience of Samurai and Samurai License of Samurai Armor Photo Studio
- Tokyo: Private Full Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Custom Day in Tokyo: Secrets and Highlights With a Local Guide
- Tokyo Hidden Izakaya and Sake Small-Group Pub Tour With Local Guide
- Tokyo: Daikoku GT-R R35 Liberty Walk Full Tour
- Private Haneda Airport Transfer To/From Tokyo’s 23 Wards
- From Tokyo: Snow Monkey 1 Day Tour With Beef Sukiyaki Lunch
- Asakusa: Private Tour for Families With Amusement Park Visit
- Tokyo: Bar Hopping Tour in Shinjuku 【Only Locals Know 】
The Sum Up
Enjoy the rich traditions of Tokyo with a genuine tea ceremony, kimono dressing, and photography experience. Witness the intricate process of making matcha tea and even try your hand at making your own.
Don a beautiful silk kimono and capture stunning photographs at a nearby shrine and tea room. With positive customer reviews highlighting the friendly assistance and relaxed atmosphere, this customizable experience promises to create lasting memories of your time in Tokyo.
Reserve now and pay later for an unforgettable addition to your itinerary.