The Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off tour is a popular choice for travelers exploring Vienna. Offering flexibility with 24-hour or 48-hour tickets, visitors can easily hop on and off at various stops to discover the city’s landmarks.
With two routes and audio commentary in multiple languages, the tour provides a deeper understanding of each location. Plus, the 48-hour ticket includes a daily guided walking tour and optional river cruise and Ferris Wheel visit.
Although some negative experiences have been reported, overall recommendations suggest the tour is a helpful way to navigate Vienna’s tourist spots.
Good To Know
- Flexible ticket options: Choose between a 24-hour or 48-hour ticket and enjoy free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance.
- Comprehensive sightseeing experience: Explore Vienna at your own pace with two routes passing by major landmarks and audio commentary in multiple languages.
- Additional options: The 48-hour ticket includes a daily guided inner city walking tour, a river cruise, and the option to visit the Giant Ferris Wheel at Prater for panoramic views.
- Mixed customer experiences: While some customers enjoyed the river cruise, all the stops, and the flexibility of the tour, others had negative experiences with rude drivers, hot buses, and unsatisfactory river cruise experiences.
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
Ticket Details and Options
The ticket options for the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off tour in Vienna include a choice between a 24-hour or 48-hour pass. Both options allow passengers to explore the city at their own pace, hopping on and off at any of the available stops. The 24-hour ticket provides a full day of sightseeing, while the 48-hour ticket offers two full days.
One of the main benefits of these tickets is the audio commentary provided in multiple languages. This allows passengers to learn about the city’s landmarks and history as they travel from one stop to another. The commentary provides a richer understanding of each landmark, making the experience more informative and engaging.
When deciding between the 24-hour and 48-hour pass, it’s important to consider how much time you have in Vienna and how much you want to see. The 24-hour pass is a good option for those with limited time or a specific itinerary in mind. On the other hand, the 48-hour pass offers more flexibility and allows for a more relaxed exploration of the city.
Passengers can enhance their sightseeing experience in Vienna by taking advantage of the optional guided walking tour, river cruise, and night tour offered by the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off tour. This allows them to explore the city at their own pace and discover its landmark highlights in a unique way.
Here are some key features of the sightseeing experience:
- Hop-on and hop-off at any available stops to visit major landmarks.
- Enjoy two routes that pass by famous attractions, providing a comprehensive view of Vienna.
- Audio commentary provides a richer understanding of each landmark, giving passengers valuable insights.
- Take a guided walking tour to explore the streets of Vienna and learn more about its history and culture.
- Experience the city from a different perspective with a river cruise, offering stunning views from the water.
Meeting and Pickup Details
Arriving at Walfischgasse 2, passengers can easily meet their Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off tour guide for a seamless pickup and embark on their Vienna sightseeing adventure.
This meeting point is conveniently located in the heart of Vienna, making it easily accessible for travelers. The tour guide will be waiting at the designated area, ready to assist passengers and answer any questions they may have.
Once the group has gathered, they’ll board the comfortable and spacious bus, equipped with free Wi-Fi and audio commentary in multiple languages.
After a day of exploring the city at their own pace, passengers can return to any of the available stops to disembark. This flexibility allows them to customize their itinerary and make the most of their time in Vienna.
Customers have expressed both positive and negative experiences while using the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off service in Vienna.
- Enjoyed the river cruise staff, boat, and meal
- All the stops were in good places to visit
- Nice option for an orientation tour of the city
- Loved the flexibility of getting on and off at spots of interest
- Great audio guide
- Driver was too busy looking at his cell
- One of the drivers was rude with some customers
- Bus was extremely hot
- Map was small and not clear on the stops
- River cruise wasn’t enjoyable
Overall, customers have had mixed experiences with the service. Some found the walking tour and audio guide informative and enjoyable, while others felt that the river cruise was a waste of time. Issues with service, such as a downgrade in ticket duration not being allowed and a lack of air conditioning on the bus, have also been reported.
Despite the drawbacks, the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off service is still seen as a helpful option for exploring Vienna’s famous tourist spots and markets.
Issues With Service
Some customers have encountered various issues with the service provided by Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off in Vienna. One major issue is the downgrade policy, where customers are not allowed to downgrade their ticket from 48 hours to 24 hours. This lack of flexibility can be frustrating for those who wish to make changes to their ticket duration. Plus, the river cruise cancellation policy has been a source of dissatisfaction for some customers. When the river cruise is canceled due to weather conditions, there is no refund provided. This can be disappointing for those who were looking forward to the cruise experience. These issues with service highlight the importance of clear policies and customer-friendly practices.
|Issues with Service|
|River cruise cancellation policy|
Based on customer experiences and feedback, it’s recommended to consider Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off as a convenient option for exploring Vienna’s famous tourist spots and markets.
Here are some helpful tips and alternative options to enhance your sightseeing experience:
- Take advantage of the 24-hour or 48-hour ticket options to have more flexibility in your exploration.
- Make use of the audio commentary provided in various languages to gain a richer understanding of each landmark.
- Don’t miss out on the daily guided inner city walking tour included with the 48-hour ticket, which offers a chance to explore the streets of Vienna with a knowledgeable guide.
- Consider adding a river cruise or a visit to the Giant Ferris Wheel at Prater for panoramic views of the city.
- Use the free Wi-Fi on board to stay connected and plan your next stop.
With these recommendations and options, you can make the most of your Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off experience in Vienna.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
- Concerts at Mozarthouse Vienna – Chamber Music Concerts.
- MAK – Museum of Applied Arts, Vienna, Ticket
- Schlumberger Sparkling Wine Cellar World Entrance Ticket in Vienna
- Kursalon: Strauss and Mozart Concert Including 4-Course Dinner
- Entry Ticket Upper Belvedere, Klimt's Kiss & Permanent Collection
- Vienna Private Guided 4-Hour Tasting Tour to Markets and Cafes
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Pets Allowed on the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tours?
Pets are allowed on the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off tours. The company has a pet-friendly policy, allowing passengers to bring their furry friends along to explore the city’s attractions.
Can I Bring My Own Food and Drinks on the Bus?
Yes, passengers are allowed to bring their own food and drinks on the bus. The company has a policy that allows passengers to bring outside snacks and beverages for their convenience during the tour.
Is There a Discount for Children or Seniors on the Ticket Prices?
Yes, there is a discount for children and seniors on the ticket prices. The Big Bus offers reduced rates for these groups, making the sightseeing experience more accessible to a wider range of individuals.
Are There Any Restrictions on the Size of Bags or Luggage Allowed on the Bus?
There are no specific baggage restrictions mentioned for the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off. However, it is always best to travel light and keep your luggage size within reasonable limits for a comfortable experience.
Can I Use the Hop-On Hop-Off Ticket for Multiple Days Consecutively?
Yes, the hop-on hop-off ticket allows for exploring multiple destinations on multiple days consecutively. This multiple day ticket benefits travelers who want to take their time and fully experience each stop.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- Schoenbrunn Palace Private Walking Tour
- Vienna: Fast-Track Schönbrunn Palace Vienna Guided Tour
- Vienna: Hard Rock Cafe With Set Menu for Lunch or Dinner
- Vienna: Austrian Dinner and Mozart & Strauss Concert
- Vienna: Christmas Concert and Dinner in the Kursalon
- Vienna: Sigmund Freud Walking Tour
- Vienna Urban Art Tour: Explore a Different Side of Vienna!
- Vienna: Scavenger Hunt Self-Guided Tour
- Vienna_ Meet Beethoven Life Private Guided Walking Tour
- Vienna: Self-Guided Mystery Tour by Stephansdom
- Vienna: 2 Hour Hidden Gems and Legends Guided Walking Tour
- Full-Day Private Trip From Budapest to Vienna
- Private Schönbrunn Palace Tour: Entrance Included
- Mozarthaus Vienna Winter Concerts
- Classic Vienna: 3-Hour Guided Bike Tour
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off tour in Vienna offers travelers a flexible and convenient way to explore the city’s major landmarks and attractions.
With the option of a 24-hour or 48-hour ticket, visitors can hop on and off the bus at their own pace, while audio commentary in multiple languages provides a deeper understanding of each location.
Although there have been some negative experiences reported, overall recommendations suggest that the tour is a helpful way to navigate Vienna and visit its famous tourist spots.