The Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour offers a unique opportunity to explore the rich history and landmarks of Berlin, as well as pay tribute to the victims of the Holocaust.
Led by a professional local guide, you will delve into the dark past of the camp, gaining insight into the everyday life of prisoners during World War II.
With convenient pickup points and all entrance fees included, this comprehensive tour promises expertise, convenience, and a deeply moving experience.
- The tour includes a visit to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, providing an opportunity to learn about its dark past.
- The tour also includes a city tour of Berlin, allowing visitors to see famous landmarks.
- The tour includes all entrance fees, transportation, and a professional local tour guide.
- Food and drinks are not included in the tour, and gratuities are not included either.
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
Tour Details and Overview
The tour’s details and overview provide a comprehensive exploration of Berlin and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp from Warnemünde and Rostock Port.
This full-day shore excursion takes visitors on a journey through history, starting with a visit to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp. Here, they can learn about its dark past and gain insight into the everyday life of prisoners during World War II.
The tour then continues with a city tour of Berlin, including visits to famous landmarks that showcase the city’s rich history and culture. Throughout the tour, a professional local tour guide accompanies visitors, offering their expertise and personal experiences. With their knowledge and insight, the tour guide ensures that visitors have a memorable and informative experience.
From the moving Holocaust Memorial to the historical sites of Berlin, this tour highlights the importance of remembering and understanding the past.
Inclusions and Exclusions
Visitors can expect several inclusions and exclusions when booking the Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port.
The tour includes:
- A professional local tour guide, who’ll join the group for the Concentration Camp Memorial and Berlin tour.
- An air-conditioned vehicle will provide comfortable transportation throughout the day.
- A donation fee to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial is included in the tour package.
However, there are some exclusions to keep in mind:
- Food and drinks aren’t included in the tour, so visitors should plan to bring their own or purchase them during the tour.
- Gratuities for the tour guide and driver aren’t included, so visitors may consider tipping them at their discretion.
It’s important to be aware of these inclusions and exclusions when booking the tour to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.
Meeting and Pickup
When and where does the meeting and pickup for the Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port take place?
The meeting and pickup for the Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port takes place at the terminal entrance, where a representative with a greeting sign will be waiting for the participants. The pickup details are provided upon booking, and the tour starts within 30 minutes of the cruise ship’s scheduled arrival time. In case of a delayed ship, the tour starting time will be adjusted accordingly.
For those who prefer alternative pickup options, the details can be arranged during the booking process. The transportation arrangements are made with an air-conditioned vehicle to ensure a comfortable journey throughout the tour.
The cancellation policy for the Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port states that a full refund is available if the tour is canceled up to 24 hours in advance. This policy allows travelers to have flexibility and peace of mind when booking the tour.
However, it’s important to note that if the tour is canceled less than 24 hours before the start time, no refund will be available. Plus, the policy states that no changes can be accepted less than 24 hours before the start time. This means that if travelers need to reschedule the tour, they’d need to do so at least 24 hours in advance.
It’s recommended that travelers carefully consider their plans and ensure that they’re able to commit to the tour before making a booking.
Customer Feedback and Recommendations
Many travelers who’ve taken the Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port have provided positive feedback and recommendations. Here are some key points from their feedback:
Tour guide’s knowledge and recommendations: The tour guide, Nick, was praised for being organized, efficient, knowledgeable, and personable. As an archaeologist, he provided personal information and insight, including recommending books to read for further understanding.
Time constraints during the tour: Some visitors felt that they needed more time at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp and that certain sites in Berlin were hurried due to time constraints. The long drive of seven hours also limited the time available for exploring.
Overall value and experience: Despite the time constraints, many travelers found the tour to be worth the money compared to what the cruise line offered. The comfortable bus and the guarantee provided by Viator to return to the ship on time were also appreciated.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
- The History of Berlin: WWII PRIVATE Walking Tour With Locals
- All-In-One Berlin Shore Excursion From Warnemunde and Rostock Port
- Private 3-Hour Walking Tour of Berlin With Optional Reichstag Visit
- Berlin City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour With Optional Cruise
- The Best of Berlin Private Guided Tour
- Alternative Berlin Bike Tour – Off the Beaten Tracks in Small Groups
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Duration of the Tour?
The duration of the tour is not specified in the given context. However, the tour includes transportation options such as an air-conditioned vehicle, indicating that transportation is provided throughout the duration of the tour.
Are There Any Age Restrictions for the Tour?
There are no specific age restrictions mentioned for the tour. However, considering the historical nature of the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, it may be more suitable for older children and adults.
Is There a Dress Code for Visiting the Concentration Camp?
When visiting sensitive historical sites like concentration camps, it is important to dress respectfully. While there may not be a specific dress code, it is recommended to wear modest and appropriate attire as a sign of respect for the victims and the historical significance of the place.
Can We Bring Our Own Food and Drinks on the Tour?
Yes, visitors are allowed to bring their own snacks and drinks on the tour. However, it is important to note that there may be certain restrictions and guidelines regarding the type and quantity of food and beverages allowed. It is recommended to check with the tour operator beforehand. As for age requirements, it is advisable to check with the tour operator as well to ensure that the tour is suitable for all ages.
Is There a Restroom Available on the Tour Bus?
Yes, there is a restroom available on the tour bus for convenience. It is accessible for disabled individuals as well, ensuring that everyone can comfortably enjoy the tour.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- Berlin Highlights: 3-Hour Bike Tour
- Warnemuende Shore Excursion: Private Berlin Tour
- Berlin: Private Transfer to / From Brandenburg Airport (Ber)
- Party Bike & Beer Bike Sightseeing Berlin – Incl. Pick-Up – Max. 12 People
- Berlin: Reichstag, Plenary Chamber, Cupola & Government Tour
- Potsdam Day Trip From Berlin With a Local: Private & Personalized
- Berlin: Interactive DeJa Vu Museum Entrance Ticket
- Charlottenburg: 2-Hour City Walking Tour
- 3D Adventure Black Light Minigolf in Berlin
- Berlin Street Art Walking Tour – Off The Grid
- Individual City Tour to Potsdam From Berlin
- Mad Magic – The Crazy Variety Show in Berlin Wintergarten Varieté
- Berlin: Charité Campus Self-Guided Walk
- Berlin Wall: Small Group Guided Tour
- Berlin Like a Local: Customized Private Tour
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port offers a unique and comprehensive experience for visitors.
This full-day shore excursion provides the opportunity to explore the rich history of Berlin and pay tribute to the victims of the Holocaust at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp.
With a professional local tour guide, convenient transportation, and all entrance fees included, participants are guaranteed a moving and insightful journey through time.