Join a small group 3-hour tour and discover the captivating connection between David Bowie and 1970s Berlin. Led by knowledgeable guides, explore the iconic musician’s time in the city, visiting sites associated with his creative output.
From the Berlin Wall to Bowie’s former apartment building, this immersive tour delves into the cultural and historical backdrop that inspired his music. Perfect for fans and music lovers alike, this thought-provoking experience offers a unique perspective on both Bowie and the vibrant scenes of 1970s Berlin.
- The tour takes place in Berlin and explores sites associated with David Bowie and the city’s history during the Cold War era.
- Participants will have the opportunity to see sections of the Berlin Wall, buildings with bullet holes, and visit Hansa Studios and other culturally significant locations.
- The tour provides insight into Bowie’s motivation for choosing Berlin and explores the art and aesthetics of the city.
- The tour is suitable for both casual fans and hardcore Bowie enthusiasts, and participants can expect an informative and fun experience with knowledgeable and friendly guides.
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
Tour Highlights and Locations
The tour takes visitors on a three-hour exploration of Berlin, visiting sites associated with David Bowie and providing insight into the city’s history during the Cold War era. Bowie’s impact on Berlin’s cultural scene and his connection to the Cold War era in Berlin are key elements of the tour.
Participants will pass by sections of the Berlin Wall, getting a firsthand look at the physical divide that shaped the city during this tumultuous period. They’ll also visit Hansa Studios, where Bowie and other iconic musicians recorded groundbreaking albums.
The tour offers a unique perspective on Bowie’s motivation for choosing Berlin as his creative haven and explores the art and aesthetics of the city that inspired him. It provides a deeper understanding of the events happening in Berlin during the mid-1970s and the connection between Bowie and the city’s history.
Whether you’re a casual fan or a hardcore Bowie enthusiast, this tour is a must for anyone interested in Bowie’s legacy and his impact on Berlin’s cultural landscape.
What To Expect on the Tour
Participants can expect an immersive three-hour exploration of Berlin, delving into the sites associated with David Bowie and gaining insight into the city’s history during the Cold War era. Here’s what to expect on the tour:
- Explore Berlin in the morning or afternoon, meeting the guide at the statue of Bertolt Brecht near Friedrichstraße station.
- Visit Bowie-related sites, including the apartment building where Bowie and Iggy Pop once lived.
- Learn about Bowie’s impact on Berlin and his attachment to the city during the Cold War era.
- Gain insight into the historical context of Berlin during the mid-1970s, including the division of the Berlin Wall and the scenes and cultures of the time.
- Discover the connection between Bowie’s story and the history of the city, including the Weimar Republic.
- Suitable for both casual fans and hard-core Bowie enthusiasts, the tour offers a different perspective on Berlin and David Bowie’s legacy.
Additional Tour Information
During the David Bowie in Berlin – Small Group 3-Hour Tour, participants can gather additional tour information to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience. The tour is suitable for both casual fans and hard-core Bowie enthusiasts, offering a unique perspective on the impact of Bowie’s time in Berlin on his music.
Travelers will explore Bowie-related sites, including the apartment building where Bowie and Iggy Pop once lived, and learn about Bowie’s attachment to Cold War-era Berlin.
It’s important to note that the tour isn’t wheelchair accessible and may not be recommended for travelers with back problems or pregnant travelers. However, most travelers can participate in the tour, which is conveniently located near public transportation.
Cancellation of the David Bowie in Berlin – Small Group 3-Hour Tour is subject to a specific policy. Here are the key details regarding the cancellation policy:
- Full refund if canceled up to 24 hours in advance.
- No refund if canceled less than 24 hours before the start time.
- Changes made less than 24 hours before the start time won’t be accepted.
The refund policy is based on local time, so it’s important to keep that in mind when considering canceling or making changes to your booking. It’s recommended to review the terms and conditions for more information on cancellations.
With the tour duration being three hours, it’s essential to plan accordingly and make any necessary adjustments within the specified time frame.
Reviews and Feedback
The tour has received an exceptional overall rating of 5.0 based on 81 reviews from Viator travelers, making it a highly recommended experience for both Bowie fans and non-fans alike.
The reviews mention the informative and fun nature of the tour, with positive feedback about the knowledgeable and friendly guides.
Travelers have recommended taking the tour for Bowie fans and music lovers, praising the tour guide’s expertise and sense of humor.
Many reviewers have described the tour as a memorable experience, encompassing more than just Bowie and weaving together history, art, and music.
The narrative provided by the guide is thought-provoking and engaging, making it a highly recommended tour for anyone interested in Bowie’s connection to Berlin.
Booking and Pricing
Booking for the David Bowie in Berlin – Small Group 3-Hour Tour is available through Viator, a platform offering various tours and activities in multiple cities. Here are some key points to consider when booking and pricing this tour:
Group Size Pricing:
The price of the tour varies depending on the size of the group.
The larger the group, the lower the price per person.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
The tour isn’t wheelchair accessible.
It isn’t recommended for travelers with back problems or pregnant travelers.
Most travelers can participate in the tour.
If you decide to book this tour, make sure to carefully read and understand the terms and conditions provided by Viator. It’s important to note that cancellation policies apply, with a full refund available if canceled up to 24 hours in advance. Changes made less than 24 hours before the start time won’t be accepted. Keep in mind that the tour is offered in multiple cities, including Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, and Salzburg.
Visitors can easily find their way to the David Bowie in Berlin – Small Group 3-Hour Tour by following the guide’s directions. The meeting point for the tour is at the Berliner Ensemble theater, conveniently located near Friedrichstraße station. This iconic landmark serves as a starting point for an unforgettable journey through Bowie’s Berlin.
As participants navigate the city, they’ll pass by recommended landmarks such as sections of the Berlin Wall and buildings with bullet holes, providing a glimpse into the city’s tumultuous history. For those using public transportation, Friedrichstraße station offers various options, including trains, trams, and buses, making it easily accessible for travelers.
The guide will provide clear directions for each stop, ensuring that participants have a seamless and enjoyable experience exploring Bowie’s Berlin.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
- The History of Berlin: WWII PRIVATE Walking Tour With Locals
- All-In-One Berlin Shore Excursion From Warnemunde and Rostock Port
- Private 3-Hour Walking Tour of Berlin With Optional Reichstag Visit
- Berlin City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour With Optional Cruise
- The Best of Berlin Private Guided Tour
- Alternative Berlin Bike Tour – Off the Beaten Tracks in Small Groups
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Meals or Refreshments Included in the Tour?
Meals and refreshments are not included in the David Bowie in Berlin – Small Group 3-Hour Tour. However, participants can enjoy a memorable afternoon exploring Bowie-related sites and learning about the city’s history.
Is There a Minimum Age Requirement for Participants?
Yes, there is a minimum age requirement for participants on the David Bowie in Berlin – Small Group 3-Hour Tour. The tour is not wheelchair accessible and may not be suitable for individuals with mobility issues.
Can the Tour Accommodate Individuals With Mobility Issues?
The tour offers accessibility options for individuals with mobility issues. If the Small Group 3-Hour Tour is not suitable, participants can inquire about alternative tour options that better accommodate their needs.
Is Photography Allowed During the Tour?
Photography restrictions may apply during the tour. Visitors should check with the tour operator for specific guidelines. Despite any restrictions, the tour promises an engaging and informative experience for all attendees.
Are There Any Additional Costs or Fees Not Mentioned in the Pricing Section?
There are no additional costs or hidden fees associated with the David Bowie in Berlin – Small Group 3-Hour Tour. The pricing section includes all the necessary information regarding the tour’s costs and booking process.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- Berlin 2-Hour Segway Tour
- Berlin: Driving Tour in a Trabant Limousine
- Berlin: TV Tower Fast View Ticket
- Rickshaw Tours Berlin – Groups of up to 16 People With Several Rickshaws
- Gay Berlin Tour: Out in Schöneberg
- Berlin: Potsdam – Kings, Gardens & Palaces 6-Hour Tour
- Berlin: the Feuerle Collection Guided Tour With Entry Ticket
- Berlin: BVG Public Transport Ticket (Zone ABC)
- Skip-the-line Boat Cruise and Berlin’s Old Town Guided Tour
- Berlin Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and Boat Options
- Trabi Safari Berlin: The Wall Ride
- Culinary Tour Kreuzberg De Luxe
- Berlin: Little BIG City Admission Ticket
- Berlin: FALLING IN LOVE Grand Show Friedrichstadt-Palast
- Berlin: Guided Bike Tour of the Berlin Wall and Third Reich
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the small group 3-hour tour exploring David Bowie’s time in Berlin offers a captivating and immersive experience for fans and music lovers alike.
Led by knowledgeable guides, you will discover the iconic locations associated with Bowie and gain insight into the vibrant history and culture of Cold War-era Berlin.
With its unique blend of art, history, and music, this tour is a must-do for those looking to delve deeper into the life and legacy of David Bowie.