Embark on an exhilarating wildlife adventure in Udawalawe National Park Safari from Weligama. This thrilling experience immerses travelers in the majestic wildlife and breathtaking landscapes of Sri Lanka.
With the convenience of online reservations and flexible cancellation policies, securing a spot is easy. The 9-hour safari includes hotel pick-up and drop-off, transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle, and the service of an English-speaking chauffeur.
Expect a memorable journey through the park, with a thrilling jeep safari and complimentary food and drinks. Create memories that will last a lifetime.
Good To Know
- Online reservations available with flexible cancellation policies
- Thrilling wildlife experience with a diverse range of animals
- Ability to cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Convenient transportation options and hotel pick-up and drop-off
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
Booking and Logistics
When booking and planning a safari at Udawalawe National Park from Weligama, travelers have the convenience of reserving now and paying later, with the option for free cancellation up to 24 hours before the experience starts. This payment option provides flexibility and peace of mind for those who want to secure their spot without immediate payment.
Plus, pickup locations are offered for added convenience. Travelers can choose to be picked up from their hotel and dropped off at the end of the tour, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
With transport throughout the tour in an air-conditioned vehicle and the service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur, travelers can sit back and relax while enjoying the stunning wildlife of Udawalawe National Park.
The safari in Udawalawe National Park includes a thrilling wildlife experience with a jeep safari and provides food and drinks for the participants. As you embark on this adventure, be prepared for incredible wildlife encounters.
The park is home to a diverse range of animals, including elephants, leopards, deer, and a variety of bird species. To make the most of your safari, here are some safari tips: dress comfortably and wear appropriate footwear, bring binoculars and a camera to capture the amazing sights, and listen to your experienced guide who’ll share fascinating information about the park and its inhabitants.
With these tips in mind, get ready for an unforgettable safari experience in Udawalawe National Park.
The cancellation policy for the Udawalawe National Park safari includes the ability to cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. This policy provides clarity and ensures that customers have the flexibility to change their plans if needed. To give you a better understanding of the cancellation policy, here is a table outlining the refund process:
|Cancellation Time||Refund Amount|
|Up to 24 hours||Full refund|
|Less than 24 hours||No refund|
Continuing the discussion from the previous points, customers who’ve experienced the Udawalawe National Park safari have given it an overall rating of 5.0 stars based on 6 reviews from Viator and Tripadvisor.
Travelers have shared their experiences of the safari, highlighting the exceptional wildlife sightings and the knowledgeable guides who made the tour informative and engaging.
Many reviewers mentioned that the best time to visit the park is during the dry season, from May to September, when animals gather around water sources, providing excellent opportunities for sightings.
Visitors were impressed by the abundance of elephants, birds, and other wildlife species they encountered during the safari.
The reviews also mentioned the convenience of hotel pick-up and drop-off, as well as the inclusion of food and drinks during the tour.
Customers who’ve experienced the Udawalawe National Park safari have provided additional information about the tour. Here are some travel tips and insights to enhance your safari experience:
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent: The park can get hot and humid, so it’s important to protect yourself from the sun and pesky bugs.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes: You’ll be spending a lot of time in the jeep, so dressing in lightweight, breathable attire and wearing sturdy shoes is recommended.
- Keep your camera ready: The park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, birds, and reptiles. Having your camera ready will ensure you capture those unforgettable moments.
- Stay hydrated: It’s essential to drink plenty of water throughout the tour to stay hydrated, especially in the warm climate.
- Follow the instructions of your guide: The guide is knowledgeable about the park and its rules. Listening to their instructions will help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
To reach Udawalawe National Park from Weligama, visitors can follow the straightforward route of Highway A2. The park is located approximately 196 kilometers northeast of Weligama and can be reached in about 3-4 hours by car.
There are several transportation options available, including private taxis, hired cars, or organized tours. It’s advisable to book transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey.
The best time to visit Udawalawe National Park is during the dry season, which runs from May to September. During this time, the park’s vegetation is less dense, making it easier to spot wildlife. Plus, the animals tend to gather around water sources, providing excellent opportunities for observation and photography.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Time of Year to Visit Udawalawe National Park for a Safari?
The best time of year for a safari experience at Udawalawe National Park is during the dry season, from May to September. This is when wildlife is more concentrated around water sources, making for better sightings.
Are There Any Age Restrictions for Participating in the Udawalawe National Park Safari?
Age restrictions for the Udawalawe National Park Safari vary, but it’s a thrilling experience for all age groups. Younger participants can learn about wildlife, while older ones can appreciate the beauty of nature.
Can We Bring Our Own Food and Drinks on the Safari?
Yes, visitors can bring their own food and drinks on the safari. It’s a great opportunity to have a picnic in the park while enjoying the wildlife.
Are There Any Specific Clothing Requirements for the Safari in Udawalawe National Park?
There are no specific clothing requirements for the safari experience. Visitors are encouraged to wear comfortable and breathable clothing, and it is advisable to bring a hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent for added protection.
How Many People Are Typically in a Jeep During the Safari?
Typically, the number of people in a jeep during a safari varies. However, it is common for a jeep to accommodate around 6-8 passengers. The safari duration is usually 3-4 hours, providing ample time to explore the park.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- Unawatuna Private Beginners Surfing Lesson – Galle
- Whale Watching Cruise From Galle & Mirissa
- Galle Countryside Tuk Tuk Safari (Private 5-Hour Tour)
- Sri Lankan Rice and Curry Cookery Demonstration—Galle
- Galle Fort: Guided Walking Tour
- Colombo/Negombo: Galle, Bentota, and Hikkaduwa Day Trip
- Transfer From Bandaranakaye Airport to Galle, Sri Lanka
- Tangalle Private 1-Way Airport Transfer To/From Colombo
- Half Day Udawalawe Safari (Entrance Lunch)
- Bentota River Safari
- Fun Dives For Certified Divers
- Sri Lanka South Coast Private Tour – Galle
- Mirissa To Ella Via Udawalawe Safari With Holiday Walkers Sri Lanka
- Udawalawe National Park Safari Trip From Galle/Mirissa/Ella
- Paradise Ella Tour With Udawalawe or Yala Safari,Full Day Ella With Train Tours
The Sum Up
Embark on an exhilarating wildlife adventure with the Udawalawe National Park Safari from Weligama.
With the convenience of online reservations and flexible cancellation policies, securing your spot has never been easier.
Enjoy a 9-hour safari with hotel pick-up and drop-off, transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle, and the service of an English-speaking chauffeur.
Explore the majestic landscapes and encounter diverse wildlife while indulging in complimentary food and drinks.
With rave reviews and a 5-star rating, this safari promises an unforgettable experience in Sri Lanka’s natural wonderland.