The Original True Crime Walking Tour of Munich is a captivating exploration of the city’s darker side. Led by knowledgeable and friendly guides, this tour takes visitors on a journey through the hidden gems and secret stories that have shaped Munich’s history.
From infamous criminals to unsolved mysteries, you will explore the intriguing world of true crime as they walk the streets of this historic German city. It’s a must-do for any true crime enthusiast ready to uncover the secrets lurking in the shadows.
About Our Review: Please note that this is our review of this tour and we do not run, sell, or book tours from this site. If you want to book this tour please click the large button at the base of this page to go to the official listing on Viator.
- The meeting point for the tour is at Ludwig Beck department store, Marienplatz 11, 80331 München, Germany, accessible via Marienplatz U-bahn station, Exit C.
- The tour starts at 02:30 PM in the late afternoon, creating a mysterious ambiance and allowing participants to explore Munich during the day.
- The tour lasts approximately two hours and concludes back at Ludwig Beck department store.
- Traveler photos are encouraged to capture the experience, including eerie crime scenes and historic landmarks, serving as lasting reminders of the tour and shared with friends and family or kept as personal mementos.
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
Meeting Point and Directions
The meeting point for The Original True Crime Walking Tour of Munich is at the front doors of Ludwig Beck department store, located at Marienplatz 11, 80331 München, Germany.
To easily access the meeting point, travelers can take the Marienplatz U-bahn station and exit via Exit C. Once out of the station, they’ll find the department store at the top of the stairs.
The guide will be easily identifiable, holding a small sign. For precise location, travelers can open Google Maps and enter the address.
The meeting time is at 02:30 PM, so it’s important to be punctual.
The activity will end back at the meeting point.
In case of cancellation, a full refund will be provided if done 24 hours in advance. No changes or refunds will be accepted less than 24 hours before the start time.
When does the Original True Crime Walking Tour of Munich start? The meeting time for the tour is at 02:30 PM.
Here are the details regarding the start time and tour duration:
- Late Afternoon Start: The tour begins in the late afternoon, allowing visitors to experience the eerie atmosphere of Munich as the sun sets.
- Atmospheric Setting: The start time creates a mysterious ambiance, enhancing the true crime theme of the tour.
- Perfect Timing: Starting in the afternoon gives participants the opportunity to explore Munich during the day before diving into the city’s dark history.
- Duration: The tour lasts for approximately two hours, providing ample time to discover the chilling stories and hidden secrets of Munich’s past.
- Memorable Experience: By starting in the late afternoon, the tour ensures that you will have an unforgettable evening delving into the true crime history of Munich.
End Point and Cancellation Policy
The tour concludes back at the meeting point, Ludwig Beck department store. After an intriguing journey through Munich’s dark history, you will find themselves back at the starting point where the adventure began. This convenient location allows travelers to easily navigate their way back to their next destination.
When it comes to the cancellation policy, it’s important to note that participants can receive a full refund if they cancel at least 24 hours in advance. This gives travelers the flexibility they need in case their plans change. However, it’s essential to remember that there will be no refund for cancellations made less than 24 hours before the start time. Plus, any changes to the booking can’t be accepted within 24 hours of the tour’s scheduled start time. These refund conditions and cut-off times are based on the local time of the experience.
After exploring Munich’s dark history on the True Crime Walking Tour, travelers have the opportunity to capture their experience through a collection of traveler photos. These photos serve as lasting reminders of the intriguing and chilling stories shared during the tour, allowing visitors to relive the haunting atmosphere of the city’s past.
The photo highlights include snapshots of eerie crime scenes, historic landmarks with a dark past, and the expert guides who bring these stories to life. Through these photos, travelers can capture the essence of the tour and the emotions it evokes, from fascination to unease.
Whether shared with friends and family or kept as personal mementos, these traveler photos provide a tangible way of capturing the experience and delving into Munich’s hidden secrets.
Visitors who’ve taken part in Munich’s True Crime Walking Tour have shared their experiences through a collection of traveler reviews. These reviews play a crucial role in determining the popularity of the tour, as potential participants often rely on the opinions of others to make their decision.
Positive reviews highlighting the guide’s knowledge and friendliness can greatly impact the tour’s reputation and attract more visitors. The guide’s expertise in sharing intriguing stories and uncovering hidden gems of the city contributes to a memorable experience for participants.
One reviewer mentioned, ‘I had a wonderful time on the True Crimes walking tour with Katrina. The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly, and showed us some hidden gems of the city.’ Such reviews not only emphasize the importance of a knowledgeable and friendly guide but also motivate others to embark on this unique true crime adventure in Munich.
One reviewer from Viator and Tripadvisor gave the True Crimes walking tour of Munich a glowing five-star rating, praising the guide’s knowledge, friendliness, and ability to uncover hidden gems of the city.
The reviewer, who remains anonymous, described the tour as ‘great’ and mentioned having a wonderful time with their guide, Katrina. They highlighted Katrina’s extensive knowledge about the dark history of Munich and her friendly demeanor throughout the tour.
The reviewer also appreciated the guide’s ability to showcase hidden gems of the city, adding an element of excitement and discovery to the experience.
This positive review is a testament to the quality of the True Crimes walking tour and provides valuable insight for potential participants.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Duration of ‘The Original True Crime Walking Tour of Munich’?
The duration of ‘The Original True Crime Walking Tour of Munich’ is not specified without the context. The tour covers various crimes and historical events related to Munich’s darker side.
Is the Tour Suitable for Children?
Parental guidance is advised as the tour may not be suitable for children due to its dark and graphic content. Age restrictions may apply. It is recommended to check with the tour provider for specific guidelines.
Are There Any Bathroom Facilities Available During the Tour?
Yes, there are bathroom facilities available during the tour. Breaks are important during the walking tour to ensure comfort and convenience for all participants.
Is the Tour Wheelchair Accessible?
Accessibility options for travelers with disabilities in Munich include exploring alternative accessible tours for wheelchair users. These tours provide an engaging and informative experience, allowing everyone to discover the city’s hidden gems.
Are Food and Drinks Included in the Tour?
No, food and drinks are not included in the tour. The focus of the tour is to explore the historical significance of true crime in Munich and its impact on tourism.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- Munich: Victuals Market Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Munich: Hidden Architectural Treasures
- Munich: Self-guided Walking Tour to River Isar Landmarks
- Munich: Interactive Historical Tour
- Munich: Old Town Walking Tour Audio Guide
- Munich Old Town 3D VR Tour – English
- Munich: Recorrido a Pie Por El Casco Antiguo En Español
- Munich: Bohème Schwabing Self-guided Neighbourhood Walk
- Munich: City Center Self-Guided Historical Walking Tour
- Munich: First Discovery Walk and Reading Walking Tour
- Munich: The Inception of the Nazi Movement City Game
- Munich: Escape Game and Tour
- Munich: Must-See Landmarks & Attractions Self-Guided Tour
- Munich Through the Centuries: a Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Munich: Interactive City Tour on Your Smartphone
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the Original True Crime Walking Tour of Munich offers a fascinating journey into the city’s hidden history.
Led by knowledgeable guides, you will explore the captivating world of true crime, from infamous criminals to unsolved mysteries.
With a convenient meeting point at Ludwig Beck department store and a start time of 02:30 PM, this immersive tour provides a unique perspective on Munich’s darker side.
With rave reviews and an average rating of 5.0, this tour is a must-do for true crime enthusiasts looking to uncover the secrets lurking in the shadows.