Explore the rich history and breathtaking landscapes of Hiroshima on the Morning Hiking Tour: Mt. Futaba & Hiroshima’s History.
Led by an experienced guide, this tour takes participants on a journey through the stunning Futaba Mountains and important historical sites in the city.
Discover the Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine, Kinko Inari Shrine, Futabayama Peace Pagoda, and experience a serene mountaintop tea ceremony.
Suitable for all ages, this unforgettable adventure immerses you in the captivating beauty and captivating history of Hiroshima.
About Our Review: Please note that this is our review of this tour and we do not run, sell, or book tours from this site. If you want to book this tour please click the large button at the base of this page to go to the official listing on Viator.
Good To Know
- Explore the stunning Futaba Mountains
- Visit the Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine
- Marvel at the vibrant red torii gates of Kinko Inari Shrine
- Experience the peace and tranquility of Futabayama Peace Pagoda
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
This thrilling tour takes you on a journey through the rich history of Hiroshima, while immersing you in the breathtaking beauty of Mt. Futaba.
The tour begins with a visit to Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine, a historical landmark known for its stunning architecture and serene atmosphere.
Next, you’ll explore Kinko Inari Shrine, where you can marvel at its vibrant red torii gates and learn about its significance in Japanese culture.
As you hike through the picturesque forests of the Futaba Mountains, you’ll encounter the Futabayama Peace Pagoda, a symbol of peace and tranquility.
The tour culminates with a Nodate tea ceremony on a mountaintop, where you can savor the flavors of matcha while enjoying panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
This tour is perfect for adventure enthusiasts and history buffs alike, offering a unique blend of natural beauty and cultural exploration.
Inclusions and Amenities
The tour includes a guide, matcha, insurance, and an open-air tea ceremony. With these inclusions, participants can expect a well-rounded and immersive experience.
The knowledgeable guide will lead the way, providing insights into the history and significance of the sites visited. As you hike through the picturesque forests of the Futaba Mountains, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine, Kinko Inari Shrine, Futabayama Peace Pagoda, and Kinko Inari Shrine.
And what’s a visit to Japan without a tea ceremony? On this tour, you’ll get to experience a unique Nodate tea ceremony on a mountaintop. Sipping on matcha in such a serene and beautiful setting is an experience that’s sure to leave a lasting impression.
Meeting and Pickup Details
Participants of the Morning Hiking Tour: Mt. Futaba & Hiroshima’s History can expect a seamless experience with convenient meeting and pickup details. Here are the key details to note:
Pickup Location: The meeting point for the tour is HIROSHIMA STATION, located at 1-2-37 Matsubarachō, Minami Ward, Hiroshima, 732-0822, Japan.
Meeting Your Guide: Look for the tour guide holding an Asageshiki sign on the pedestrian walkway on the 2nd floor of Hiroshima Station. They’ll be easy to spot!
Ending Point: The activity concludes back at the meeting point, making it convenient for participants to return to their starting location.
Late Reservation Policy: It’s important to arrive on time for the tour. If you’re more than 10 minutes late to your reservation without any prior contact, it will result in automatic cancellation and a 100% fee charge. So, make sure to plan your journey accordingly and communicate any delays in advance.
With these meeting and pickup details, participants can rest assured that their tour experience will begin smoothly and efficiently.
If a participant wishes to cancel their reservation for the Morning Hiking Tour: Mt. Futaba & Hiroshima’s History, they can do so up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. However, any cancellation made less than 24 hours before the start time of the tour will not be refunded. It’s important to note that changes made less than 24 hours before the experience start time will also not be accepted. The cut-off times for cancellation and changes are based on the local time of the experience. In the event of poor weather, the tour may be canceled. In this case, you will be offered the option to reschedule for a different date or receive a full refund. Please refer to the table below for a summary of the cancellation policy and refund options.
|Up to 24 hours
|Less than 24 hours
With this cancellation policy in place, participants can feel confident in their ability to adjust their plans if necessary.
One key detail to note is the meeting point for the Morning Hiking Tour: Mt. Futaba & Hiroshima’s History is HIROSHIMA STATION, located at 1-２番３７号 Matsubarachō, Minami Ward, Hiroshima, 732-0822, Japan.
- Participants must be physically fit and able to hike for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear are recommended.
- Participants should bring a water bottle and sunscreen.
- The tour requires good weather conditions.
- In the event of poor weather, the tour may be canceled.
- In case of cancellation due to weather, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
Meeting and Pickup Details:
- Meet your tour guide with the Asageshiki sign on the pedestrian walkway on the 2nd floor of Hiroshima Station.
- The activity ends back at the meeting point.
- Travelers aged 0-5 can participate for free.
- It’s important to be punctual as being more than 10 minutes late without any contact will result in automatic cancellation and a 100% fee charge.
- Cancellations made up to 24 hours in advance will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the start time won’t be refunded.
- Changes made less than 24 hours before the start time won’t be accepted.
To reach the meeting point for the Morning Hiking Tour: Mt. Futaba & Hiroshima’s History, participants should head to HIROSHIMA STATION. From there, they’ve several transportation options to choose from.
For those who prefer public transportation, they can take a train to Hatsukaichi Station and then transfer to the Miyajima-bound train. Get off at Miyajimaguchi Station and walk to the ferry terminal. Take the ferry to Miyajima Island and then hike up to Mt. Futaba.
Another option is to take a taxi from Hiroshima Station directly to the ferry terminal.
Once on Miyajima Island, participants can follow the clearly marked hiking trails that will lead them to the various historical sites, such as Hiroshima Toshogu Shrine, Kinko Inari Shrine, Futabayama Peace Pagoda, and Kinko Inari Shrine.
With these transportation options and well-defined hiking trails, participants can easily embark on their adventure through Hiroshima’s history.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
- Enjoy a Private Japanese Cooking Class With a Local Hiroshima Family
- Oasa Country Cycling (Free BUS RIDE From Hiroshima With JR Pass)
- Fukuyama, Hiroshima Full-Day Sea Kayaking Tour Including Lunch
- Dinner Cruise on HANAIKADA (Raft-Type Boat) With Scenic View of Miyajima
- Hiroshima Custom Half Day Tour
- Private & Unique Hiroshima Cherry Blossom Sakura Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
How Difficult Is the Hiking Trail in Mt. Futaba?
The hiking trail in Mt. Futaba is moderately difficult, offering a thrilling adventure for hikers. The best time to hike is during spring and autumn, when the weather is pleasant and the foliage is stunning.
Are There Any Age Restrictions for Participating in the Tour?
Age restrictions are not mentioned for the Morning Hiking Tour: Mt. Futaba & Hiroshima’s History. It is recommended for travelers of all ages. Safety measures are in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Is Transportation Provided to the Starting Point of the Hiking Trail?
Yes, transportation is provided to the starting point of the hiking trail. Participants will have access to transportation to ensure a convenient and hassle-free experience on the Morning Hiking Tour.
Can I Bring My Own Tea for the Nodate Tea Ceremony?
Yes, guests can bring their own tea for the Nodate tea ceremony during the Morning Hiking Tour. They can also choose to wear traditional attire for a more authentic experience.
How Long Does the Tour Typically Last?
The tour typically lasts for several hours, giving participants ample time to explore the hiking trail and enjoy Hiroshima’s history. The hiking trail difficulty level varies, catering to different fitness levels.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- Miyajima Half-Day Private Tour With Government Licensed Guide
- The Peace Memorial to Miyajima : Icons of Peace and Beauty
- Hiroshima: 1 or 2 Day Car Rental
- Hiroshima: Early Morning Hiking Tour With Tea Ceremony
- Hiroshima & Miyajima Island Private Guided Tour
- Hiroshima: All-Inclusive Food and Culture Immersion
- Peace Park Tour VR/Hiroshima
- Hiroshima: Guided Minochi River Trekking Experience
- Hiroshima: Local Favorites Private Night Food Tour
- Hiroshima: Traditional Japanese Archery Experience
- The BEST Hiroshima Neighborhood Tours
- Hiroshima: Peace Walking Tour of World Heritage Sites
- Hiroshima: Private Food Tasting Tour With a Local Guide
- Miyajima: Cultural Experience in a Kimono
- From Hiroshima: Private Tour to Kure
The Sum Up
Uncover the rich history and breathtaking landscapes of Hiroshima with the Morning Hiking Tour: Mt. Futaba & Hiroshima’s History.
This immersive experience takes you through the enchanting Futaba Mountains, where you’ll visit iconic shrines and the peaceful Futabayama Peace Pagoda.
The tour also includes a delightful Nodate tea ceremony, providing a serene mountaintop experience.
Suitable for all ages, this unforgettable tour offers a captivating blend of adventure and cultural exploration.
Enjoy the wonders of Hiroshima and create memories that will last a lifetime.