Embark on an immersive journey through the cultural and natural wonders of Sri Lanka with the Colombo/Negombo: Sigiriya, Kandy, Ella 3-Day Trip With Train.
This unforgettable tour takes travelers to iconic landmarks like the ancient Sigiriya rock fortress and the sacred Temple of the Tooth in Kandy.
Explore lush tea plantations in Ella and enjoy hassle-free travel with hotel pickup and drop-off, accommodation, and some meals included.
With flexible booking options and glowing customer reviews, this trip promises an enjoyable and challenging adventure.
Best Place To Reserve: I highly recommend using GetYourGuide to reserve. They are the most reliable and have the best cancellation policy. This means you can save your spot now and can cancel for free right up to the day before.
Good To Know
- The trip includes visits to popular landmarks such as Sigiriya rock, the temple of the tooth, and Udawalawe National Park.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, accommodation, and some meals are included in the trip.
- The trip offers flexibility with free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance and the option to reserve now and pay later.
- The trip provides a comprehensive experience with activities like climbing Sigiriya rock, walking through tea plantations, and enjoying the scenery at little Adams peak.
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
The ticket information for the Colombo/Negombo: Sigiriya, Kandy, Ella 3-Day Trip With Train includes options for free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance and the ability to reserve now and pay later, providing travelers with flexibility for their travel plans.
This refund policy allows travelers to have peace of mind, knowing that if their plans change, they’ve the option to cancel and receive a full refund.
Plus, the reserve now and pay later feature allows travelers to secure their spot on the trip without having to immediately pay upfront. This flexibility is especially beneficial for those who want to plan their trip in advance but may need more time to gather funds.
With these options, travelers can confidently book their tickets for this exciting 3-day adventure.
Climbing Sigiriya rock, visiting the temple of the tooth, and walking through lush green tea plantations are some of the highlights of the 3-day trip experience. Customers have provided positive feedback about these tour highlights, praising the challenging yet enjoyable nature of the activities. The tour guides and drivers are also commended for their accommodating nature, ensuring a smooth and comfortable journey.
The trip starts with visits to the Sigiriya Museum, Dambulla Cave Temple, and Sigiriya Ancient Rock Fortress on the first day. On the second day, travelers get to explore the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Glenloch Tea Factory, and Ramboda Waterfall, with the option of a scenic train ride from Nanu Oya to Ella.
The third day includes an Ella City Tour, a visit to Udawalawe National Park, and the flexibility of being dropped off in Colombo, Negombo, or the airport. The trip offers a diverse range of experiences, from cultural landmarks to natural wonders, ensuring an unforgettable adventure.
Day 1: Sigiriya Museum, Dambulla Cave Temple, Sigiriya Ancient Rock Fortress
Visitors to Colombo and Negombo can embark on a thrilling 3-day trip with a train ride. On the first day, they have the opportunity to explore the Sigiriya Museum, Dambulla Cave Temple, and Sigiriya Ancient Rock Fortress, seeing the rich history and breathtaking beauty of these iconic landmarks.
- Climbing the Sigiriya Rock can be physically demanding as it involves climbing steep steps and navigating narrow pathways.
- The Dambulla Cave Temple requires visitors to climb a series of steps to reach the temple complex.
Accommodations and meals:
- Accommodations and some meals are included in the trip package, ensuring a comfortable and convenient stay for travelers.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided on the first day, allowing visitors to enjoy delicious meals while exploring the attractions.
- Visitors can learn about the history and significance of Sigiriya through the exhibits and displays at the museum.
- The museum provides a comprehensive understanding of the ancient rock fortress and its cultural importance.
Dambulla Cave Temple:
- This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to stunning cave temples adorned with intricate Buddhist murals and statues.
- The temple complex consists of five caves, each offering a unique religious and artistic experience.
Sigiriya Ancient Rock Fortress:
- The highlight of the day is the ascent to the top of Sigiriya Rock, where visitors can witness panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
- The rock fortress is a marvel of ancient engineering and architecture, with its impressive frescoes and the remnants of a royal palace.
Day 2: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Glenloch Tea Factory, Ramboda Waterfall, Train Ride
On the second day of the trip, travelers will explore the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, visit the Glenloch Tea Factory, admire the Ramboda Waterfall, and have the option to take a scenic train ride.
The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, located in Kandy, is one of the most sacred Buddhist sites in Sri Lanka. It houses a tooth relic believed to be from the Buddha himself. Visitors can witness the rituals and offerings made to the sacred tooth relic.
After the temple visit, travelers will head to the Glenloch Tea Factory for a fascinating tea factory experience. They’ll learn about the tea production process, from the plucking of tea leaves to the packaging of the final product. The tour will also include a tea tasting session where visitors can savor the flavors of different types of tea.
Next, travelers will have the opportunity to admire the majestic Ramboda Waterfall. This stunning waterfall cascades down from a height of 109 meters, offering a breathtaking sight amidst the lush greenery.
Lastly, for those seeking a scenic adventure, they can choose to take a train ride from Nanu Oya to Ella. This train journey is renowned for its picturesque views of tea plantations, misty mountains, and charming hillside villages. The train ride offers a unique perspective of Sri Lanka’s natural beauty and is a must-do for nature enthusiasts.
Day 3: Ella City Tour, Udawalawe National Park, Drop-off Options
After exploring the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, visiting the Glenloch Tea Factory, and admiring the Ramboda Waterfall, travelers on the third day of the trip can enjoy an Ella City Tour, a visit to Udawalawe National Park, and the option for drop-off in Colombo, Negombo, or the airport.
Ella City Tour Attractions:
Little Adams Peak: A scenic hike offering panoramic views of the surrounding tea plantations and mountains.
Nine Arches Bridge: An iconic railway bridge known for its architectural beauty and stunning backdrop.
Udawalawe National Park:
Home to hundreds of elephants, as well as other rare plants and wildlife.
Offers jeep safaris for a chance to spot these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
Best Drop-off Location Options:
Colombo: Ideal for those looking to explore the bustling capital city.
Negombo: Perfect for those seeking a relaxing beach getaway.
Airport: Convenient for travelers with early or late flights.
With the Ella City Tour, Udawalawe National Park visit, and flexible drop-off options, this three-day trip offers a diverse and memorable experience for travelers.
Ella City Tour: Little Adams Peak, Nine Arches Bridge
The Ella City Tour includes a visit to two popular attractions: Little Adams Peak and the Nine Arches Bridge. Little Adams Peak is a famous hiking trail in Ella, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. It is a relatively easy hike, making it accessible for all fitness levels. At the summit, visitors can capture stunning photographs of the rolling hills and tea plantations. On the other hand, the Nine Arches Bridge is a marvel of engineering and a favorite spot for photographers. This iconic bridge is made entirely of bricks, without the use of any steel or concrete. It is a picturesque location, especially during the morning or evening when the train passes over the bridge, creating a captivating sight. Both Little Adams Peak and the Nine Arches Bridge provide unforgettable experiences and remarkable photography spots for visitors to enjoy.
|Little Adams Peak
|Nine Arches Bridge
Udawalawe National Park: Wildlife and Plants
Udawalawe National Park, located in Sri Lanka, is home to a diverse range of wildlife and plants. It is known for its wildlife conservation efforts and ecotourism activities. The park offers visitors an immersive nature experience, with several highlights to explore.
One highlight of Udawalawe National Park is its wildlife conservation efforts. The park serves as a sanctuary for several hundred elephants, providing a prime location to observe these majestic creatures in their natural habitat. Along With elephants, visitors may also spot other wildlife species such as leopards, water buffalo, and various species of birds.
Another highlight of the park is the ecotourism activities it offers. Visitors can embark on exciting jeep safaris, allowing them to explore the vast grasslands, forests, and wetlands while observing the park’s abundant wildlife. For those seeking a more tranquil experience, nature walks and birdwatching tours are available, providing a closer look at the park’s natural wonders.
Udawalawe National Park is not only a haven for wildlife but also boasts a rich variety of plants. From towering trees to vibrant flowers, the park’s flora creates a beautiful backdrop for visitors to admire and appreciate. The combination of diverse wildlife and stunning vegetation makes for a truly immersive and awe-inspiring nature experience.
Enjoy the wonders of nature at Udawalawe National Park, where wildlife conservation and ecotourism activities take center stage.
Prohibited Items and Guidelines
Visitors to the Colombo/Negombo: Sigiriya, Kandy, Ella 3-Day Trip With Train are required to adhere to certain guidelines and restrictions regarding prohibited items. These packing restrictions and dress code requirements ensure a safe and respectful trip for everyone. To emphasize these guidelines, here is a table outlining the prohibited items:
|Alcohol and drugs
|Not allowed in the vehicle
These restrictions aim to maintain a respectful and comfortable environment during the trip. Visitors are advised to pack accordingly and dress modestly to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for all participants.
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
- Dambulla: Cave Temple and Village All-Inclusive Tour
- Dambulla:Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Dambulla Cave Temple Tour
- Sri Lanka: 5 Days Multi City Sightseeing Tour
- Sigiriya Dambulla & Minneriya Safari With Pickup/Drop
- Minneriya National Park Half Day Sri Lanka Jeep Safari
- Dambulla: Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Cancellation Policy for the Colombo/Negombo: Sigiriya, Kandy, Ella 3-Day Trip With Train?
The cancellation policy for the trip allows for a full refund if cancelled up to 24 hours in advance. Booking requirements include reserving now and paying later to maintain flexibility in travel plans.
Are Meals Included in the Tour Package?
Yes, meals are included in the tour package. There are meal options available, and dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Guests can enjoy delicious meals throughout the 3-day trip.
Can I Bring My Own Alcohol on the Tour?
Yes, you can bring your own alcohol on the tour. However, it is important to note that alcoholic drinks in the vehicle are not allowed. The best places to buy alcohol in Colombo/Negombo are…
Are There Any Age Restrictions for the Tour?
There are no age restrictions mentioned for the tour. The tour itinerary includes climbing Sigiriya rock, visiting the temple of the tooth, exploring tea plantations, and experiencing Udawalawe National Park.
Can I Bring a Camera or Other Electronic Devices on the Tour?
Yes, cameras and other electronic devices are allowed on the tour. However, it is important to follow any camera restrictions and electronic device policies that may be in place for certain attractions or locations visited during the trip.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- All Inclusive 3 in 1 Pass-Day Trip to Sigiriya Galle Kandy
- From Colombo/Negombo: Sigiriya and Dambulla Day Trip
- All-Inclusive Habarana Galoya Eco Park Privet Halfday Safari
- 2 Days Highlights of Sigiriya & Kandy With Safari Tour
- Sri Lanka Sigiriya, Dambulla, Kandy, Hill Country Train Trip
- Sri Lanka Full Circle on Beaten Path-4 Days Tour
- Sigiriya and Dambulla Day Tour From Ella
- From Dambulla: Private Polonnaruwa and Minneriya Day Tour
- All-Inclusive Dambulla Village Tour With Traditional Lunch
- From Dambulla: Trincomalee Sightseeing Tour
- Hot Air Balloon Ride in Dambulla
- Exclusive Sigiriya Sunrise & Kandy Tour Day Tour
- VIP All Inclusive Sigiriya Dambulla & National Park Tour
- 3 Days Cultural Triangle Tour
- From Negombo: 8-Day Ramayana Themed Private Trip & Temples
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the Colombo/Negombo: Sigiriya, Kandy, Ella 3-Day Trip With Train offers an immersive and unforgettable experience exploring the cultural and natural wonders of Sri Lanka.
With hassle-free logistics, comfortable accommodations, and knowledgeable tour guides, this trip provides a smooth and enjoyable journey.
From climbing the ancient Sigiriya rock fortress to visiting the sacred Temple of the Tooth, and exploring the stunning landscapes of Ella, this trip is a perfect blend of adventure and relaxation.
Embark on this incredible journey and create lasting memories in the vibrant cities and breathtaking landscapes of Sri Lanka.