Did you know that Petra’s ancient city is believed to have been inhabited as early as 9,000 BC?
Joining a day tour from Sharm El Sheikh to Petra opens a gateway to this rich historical tapestry.
As travelers cross the desert landscapes and uncover the secrets of this lost city, the allure of Petra’s rose-red cliffs and intricate rock-cut architecture beckons.
With expert guides leading the way, visitors can unravel the mysteries of this ancient civilization while seeing a world frozen in time.
The journey promises a blend of discovery, adventure, and culture that will linger in the memory long after the tour ends.
Best Place To Reserve: I highly recommend using GetYourGuide to reserve. They are the most reliable and have the best cancellation policy. This means you can save your spot now and can cancel for free right up to the day before.
Good To Know
- Petra day tour from Sharm El Sheikh includes visits to Al Khazneh, Roman theater, and King Wall graves.
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and New Wonder of the World.
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and explore iconic Petra landmarks like the Treasury of Al Khazneh.
- Tour logistics involve travel from Sharm El Sheikh to Taba, a ferry ride to Jordan, and a visit to the capital, Amman.
It's also worth checking out some other tours and experiences nearby.
Embark on an unforgettable one-day journey with the Sharm El Sheikh: Petra Day Tour, offering a captivating exploration of the ancient city of Petra in Jordan starting from the comfort of your hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh.
Tour amenities include a live guide available in English and Russian, ensuring a comprehensive experience for all participants. Plus, pickup at your hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh is included for added convenience.
Language options cater to a diverse audience, making the tour accessible and engaging for visitors from various backgrounds. This feature allows guests to enjoy the history and beauty of Petra with the assistance of a knowledgeable guide in their preferred language.
Delight in exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra on the Sharm El Sheikh: Petra Day Tour, where you can marvel at the Temple and Treasures of the Citadel while enjoying a local restaurant lunch. The experience highlights include:
Discovering the ancient wonders of Petra, a site described as forgotten by the world for over 1,000 years.
Admiring the intricate details of the Temple and Treasures of the Citadel in Petra.
Indulging in a delicious local cuisine tasting at a charming restaurant during the tour.
Immersing yourself in the rich history and culture of this magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Witnessing the stunning pink stone buildings, including the iconic Treasury Palace and Roman Theater, that make Petra a true marvel to behold.
Travelers embarking on the Sharm El Sheikh: Petra Day Tour will begin their journey with a convenient pickup from their hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh. The tour then involves traveling through the Sinai Peninsula to Taba, where a ferry ride to Jordan is included.
Petra, located in the Capital Governorate in Amman, features iconic sites like the Treasury of Al Khazneh and the Roman theater. The logistics of this tour are well-organized, with all necessary travel arrangements taken care of. Itinerary adjustments might be made based on the group’s pace and preferences to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience exploring Petra’s wonders.
The tour operators focus on providing a seamless journey for participants, making the logistics of the day trip hassle-free.
The feedback from participants highlighted both positive and negative aspects of the Sharm El Sheikh: Petra Day Tour.
While the English-speaking guide in Jordan was knowledgeable and the bus comfortable, there were limited explanations in English due to a focus on Russian-speaking guests.
The trip duration extended to 23 hours instead of the expected 18, with two shopping stops prolonging the tour to 24 hours.
Participants expressed mixed feelings about the cramped van waiting and the lengthy itinerary.
To improve customer satisfaction, the tour operator may consider adjusting the itinerary to reduce the duration and enhance the overall experience for all guests.
Participants on the Sharm El Sheikh: Petra Day Tour begin their journey with a pickup from Sharm El Sheikh, followed by a ferry ride across the Gulf of Aqaba to reach the captivating destination of Petra in Jordan.
Petra, located in the Capital Governorate in Amman, is a major tourist attraction and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Travel tips for visiting Petra include wearing comfortable shoes for exploring the vast archaeological site and carrying sufficient water due to the desert climate.
Sightseeing spots in Petra include the iconic Treasury of Al Khazneh, the Roman theater, and the stunning ruins of the Citadel. Participants can marvel at the intricate rock-cut architecture and enjoy the rich history of this ancient city during the tour.
Embarking on this day tour to Petra from Sharm El Sheikh offers a captivating exploration of ancient wonders and cultural treasures. The tour duration is crucial for customer satisfaction and efficiency. Here are some key points to consider:
- Time management is essential for a seamless experience.
- Itinerary adjustments may be needed to enhance the tour.
- Ensuring the tour length meets expectations is vital.
- Customer satisfaction is directly impacted by the duration of the tour.
- Striking a balance between experiencing all highlights and avoiding fatigue is key.
Managing the tour duration effectively can significantly impact the overall enjoyment and success of the Petra day tour.
Pickup and Transportation
Optimizing efficiency and comfort during the tour, seamless pickup and transportation arrangements are essential components of the Petra day tour experience.
Transportation efficiency is ensured with pickup directly from your hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh, starting your journey through the Sinai Peninsula to Taba, where a ferry ride to Jordan awaits. Once in Jordan, a comfortable bus awaits to take you to Petra, located in the Capital Governorate in Amman.
The tour guide communication plays a vital role in providing insights into the sights you’ll see, ensuring you don’t miss out on any sightseeing opportunities like the iconic Treasury of Al Khazneh and Roman theater.
Your comfort level is paramount, with the bus providing a cozy environment for the journey ahead.
Cultural and Historical Highlights
Exploring Petra’s rich cultural and historical highlights unveils a tapestry of ancient wonders waiting to be discovered within this UNESCO World Heritage Site. The cultural preservation efforts and architectural marvels in Petra captivate visitors, offering a glimpse into a bygone era where history and artistry intertwine seamlessly.
Here are some key highlights to look out for:
- Witness the intricate carvings and grandeur of the Treasury of Al Khazneh
- Marvel at the well-preserved Roman theater, a testament to ancient architectural prowess
- Explore the mystical 13 graves of King Wall, shrouded in historical significance
- Discover the Temple and Treasures of the Citadel, showcasing Petra’s religious and cultural heritage
- Enjoy the captivating blend of Nabatean and Hellenistic influences throughout the site
Here's a few more nearby tours and experiences we think you'll like.
- Mount Sinai Climb and St Catherine Monastery From Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Guided City Sightseeing Tour
- Snorkeling Trip to Ras Mohamed & the White Island Aboard Luxury Yacht
- Sharm El Sheik: Mount Sinai Sunrise & St.Catherines Monastery – Sharm El Sheikh
- Learn to Dive PADI Open Water Diver Course
- Quad Biking Tour in Sharm El Sheikh Desert
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Time of Year to Visit Petra to Avoid Crowds and Extreme Weather Conditions?
The best time to visit Petra to avoid crowds and harsh weather is during the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn. This ensures comfortable temperatures for exploring and experiencing the local cuisine and best accommodations.
Are There Any Specific Dress Code Requirements for Visiting Petra, Especially for Women?
When visiting Petra, it’s important to respect cultural expectations by dressing modestly. Local customs require covering shoulders and knees. Following these dress guidelines shows respect for the heritage and traditions of the region.
Are There Any Additional Entrance Fees or Charges That Tourists Should Be Aware of When Visiting Petra?
When visiting Petra, travelers should be aware of additional entrance fees. Transportation costs, currency exchange, and tipping practices are vital to understand. Stay informed to avoid surprises and make the most of your Petra experience.
Is There Wi-Fi Available During the Tour for Travelers to Stay Connected?
Travelers on the tour can stay connected with available Wi-Fi, helping them share updates on social media and communicate online. However, it’s advisable to check roaming charges to avoid unexpected costs while enjoying Petra.
Are There Any Recommended Local Souvenirs or Handicrafts to Purchase in Petra as Mementos of the Trip?
When souvenir hunting in Petra, visitors can explore local crafts like intricately designed silver jewelry, colorful woven rugs, and hand-carved sandstone figurines. These unique mementos capture the essence of Jordanian culture and make for meaningful keepsakes.
Not for you? Here's more of our most recent tour reviews happening neaby
- 4-Days Scuba Diving Open Water Course in Sharm El-Sheikh
- Buggy Desert Safari From Sharm Elsheikh
- Daily Boat Trips at Sharm EL Sheikh
- Diving & Snorkeling Boat Trip to Ras Mohamed Sharm El Sheikh
- Enjoy Delicious Bedouin Dinner & Amazing Show in Sinai Desert
- Sharm El Sheikh City Tour
- Semi Submarine Tour From Sharm El Sheikh
- Transfer From All Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh to Airport (Departure)
- Moses Mount and St Catherine Monastery Tour From Sharm El Sheikh
- White Island & Ras Mohammed Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh
- Full Day Tour to Luxor From Sharm El Sheikh by Flight
- Sharm El Sheikh City Tour
- Mt. Sinai Sunrise Climb and St. Catherine’s Small-Group Tour (Feb )
- Ras Mohamed Nature Reserve Snorkeling Tour W/ White Island by Yacht
- Private Tour: Cairo Flight and Tour From Sharm El Sheikh
The Sum Up
Enjoy the wonders of Petra on a day tour from Sharm El Sheikh. With a knowledgeable guide leading the way, explore ancient ruins, marvel at stunning architecture, and savor local cuisine.
From the iconic Treasury to the Roman theater, every moment is sure to leave a lasting impression. Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the hidden gems of Petra and experience the magic of this enchanting destination.